When you aren’t feeling well, work problems can feel overwhelming and having to take part in unfamiliar conversations with individuals including Managers, HR Advisors, Occupational Health Advisors, GP’s and Union reps can feel very daunting.
If you are on sick leave, we can support you with:
- Promotion of practical support gained from IAPT therapy, enabling in-work coping strategies
- Inclusion of Occupational Health and GP support (recognising Statement of Fitness) to highlight areas of concern
- Setting realistic goals whilst off work
- Support in sustaining existing employment
- Engagement with employers to design and implement phased return to work plans, inclusive of mental health needs and which promote sustainable employment
- Support to prepare for and attend meetings and reviews in the workplace to maintain focus on mental health
- Advice and support on reasonable adjustment options within the workplace
- Assistance with ‘Access to Work’ applications
- Complimentary approach combining existing mechanisms including Employee Assistance Programmes, Access to Work, ACAS, local HR policies, and Wellness- Recovery-Action-Plans e.t.c.
- Advice on practical approaches to prevent future mental health related sickness and absenteeism
- Exploration of disclosing information to employers including health conditions where necessary