Diagnostic Guidance Tool
If you are uncertain about a diagnosis refer to the Skin lesion diagnostic tool for guidance and complete the diagnostic table. Once images are loaded click on the specific result to learn more about aetiology, clinical findings, and management options.
Skin Lesion Diagnostic tool
Considering making a referral?
Please refer via eRS by searching for ‘VHG Community Dermatology’. This is a Referral Assessment Service (RAS) so please follow the steps below in order to make a referral:
- Complete the community dermatology referral form
- Search for VHG Community Dermatology
- Select Book an Appointment
- Then Defer to Provider
- Ensure you have included all attachments (referral form, photographs where possible) before submitting the referral
For guidance on taking and sending good pictures click here
By including a completed dermatology referral form and attaching any photographs of your patients skin condition or lesion to the referral, ensures all the important information is available to get your patient on to the right treatment pathway, first time. It helps our dermatologists accurately review your patients presentation, leading to the right diagnosis and treatment plan.
We will cc you into any correspondence we have with your patients (via email or letter), so you are kept up to date with their treatment.
It is expected that the service will assess, treat, and manage any patient not requiring specialist level 4 services or requiring a 2WW referral. Please see below referral criteria for more detailed information
- Mild alopecia areata
- Scalp Conditions
- Chronic or recurrent skin infections
- Seboffheic dermatitis and dandruff
- Sun Damage/Actinic Keratosis/Solar Keratosis
- Bowens Disease
- Nail Disorders
- Keloid Scars – non-surgical intervention only
- Pigmentary Conditions
- Mild Inflammatory Skin Disease
- Pityriasis versicolor; Pityriasis rosea
- Low risk BCCs
- Benign Skin Tumours (Lesions meeting ‘Procedures of Low Clinical Priority’ Criteria)