Our Women’s Health Service is now offering a post natal service to help New Mums recover from childbirth.
This is a post-natal physical assessment, to help your body recover more quickly after childbirth. It is recommended for all mums; whether you have had a vaginal delivery, instrumental or C-section. The assessment can be taken any time after the birth of your child. Stretching and weakness of the stomach and pelvic floor muscles will occur after carrying a baby for 9 months and then giving birth. It is important to restore this strength; to prevent lower back pain and pelvic problems that may occur post-natally when caring for your baby.
The aims of the assessment are to answer common questions such as:
• Do you want to return to your pre-baby size and fitness?
• Have you noticed a gap in your stomach muscles?
• Do you have any aches, pains or pelvic floor symptoms?
• Are you worried about how to get back to exercise? Where to begin?
• Do you want to return to your previous sport and want to know the safest way to do so?
• Do you want to prepare your body for further pregnancies?
The New Mummy Assessment costs £75 and will include:
• 1 hour assessment from a Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist
• Assessment of your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
• Check any issues that may have arisen during or after your pregnancy
• Postural assessment
• Personal exercise programme designed for you to:
* rebuild core strength
* improve posture
* prevent future aches and pains
* help return to your optimal weight
* guide you towards a return to sport or fitness
Currently this service is only available at the Crystal Palace Clinic.
For further information or to book please contact us: