We have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Rehabilitator to join the friendly team at our Glasgow locations
Please note a degree (BSc or MSc) in Sports Rehabilitation and to be accredited by BASRaT (British Association or Sports Rehabilitators and Trainers) is essential
The role of the Sports Rehabilitator will include:
Independently running Functional Restoration Programmes in a group setting to people with chronic musculoskeletal disorders. Our functional restoration programme embodies the bio-psychosocial model, and as such our assessments are incredibly in depth. This allows therapists to fully explore and address the causes and barriers to successful return to function
Delivering bespoke and award winning preventative services including on-site manual handling training, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) courses and Work Station Assessments (WSA). These are delivered at our client sites to fully replicate and address ‘real world challenges’. Our preventatives services are unlike any others on the market, and strictly adhere to the current evidence base to ensure we challenge and ultimately change people’s beliefs and behaviours
Applicants will be required to hold a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle for business use during all working days.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Sports Rehabilitation
- Full graduate member of BASRaT and entitled to the use of the title Graduate Sports Rehabilitator
- Experience of working individually and within a team
- Proven experience of managing a caseload of patients and running rehabilitation classes
- Ability to deliver soft tissue treatments, set goals, and design individualised and progressive rehabilitation programmes
- Adept in time management and prioritisation.
- Sound musculoskeletal knowledge including assessment/treatment of common conditions of the spine, upper limb and lower limb. Awareness of Post-operative protocols and precautions
- Basic knowledge of the occupational health sector including benefits of physiotherapy OH.
- Friendly and approachable with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to the needs of the client
- Experience of working with Physiotherapists
- Prior Occupational Health experience
- Functional testing and fitness for work testing (e.g. lift, push/pull)
- Return to work planning
- An up-to-date CPD portfolio
Why Vita Health Group?
Our company purpose is “to make people better” which is inclusive of all clients we treat. In order to achieve this we strongly believe in our company values:
- Customer Focussed
- People Centred
Our values provide the building blocks for us to achieve the Vita Health Group vision to be the UKs Leading Healthcare Provider of best in class Physical and Mental Health Solutions.
We are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer and value excellent in everything we do. We have a strong focus on supporting and developing our staff and are keen to bring on board candidates that share our vision to be a workplace of choice.
We continually look at attracting the very best people from the widest talent pool. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the applications process and if you are successful beyond this.
The role offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Enhanced annual leave
- Continued Professional Development opportunities (£500 annually) and comprehensive training provided.
- Life Assurance insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Online benefits portal, including high street discounts and a wellbeing zone
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Benenden health cover
- Length of service awards
- Ability to work from home when required and where possible (min 5mb download speed required)
- Retirement training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral cash incentive (Subject to Tax and NI)
- Uniform provided (Where applicable)
- Employee Assistant Program
How to apply
Please send us a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why the position is of interest to you and why you feel you would be a good candidate
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK, and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident Committed Employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to supporting wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Role: Rehabilitation Therapist (BASRaT)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 (pro rata)
Job Type: Clinical